Mathematics tuition offered to students studying for IGCSE, GCE A level and the equivalent examinations elswhere.
I also teach junior school pupils who are having difficulties with the subject.
I hold an MA in Mathematics/Philosophy and a PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education) from Oxford University, England.
I have many years' experience of teaching mathematics.
I use only my own materials (unless the student has specific worksheets or examination papers that he or she wants to go through).
All teaching is on-line, through Skype or other medium.
I am also developing a web site for learning mathematics, catering for the whole spectrum of student abilities.
I can guarantee you will learn with these modules.
The main principles are:
• Learning is through solving problems. This is "active" learning, rather than passive learning (listening to a teacher, reading a book, watching a video, etc)
• Mathate has no fixed problems. Every question is dynamically created according to the student's answers to previous questions.
• The material only advances in complexity once the student has shown a sufficient grasp at the present level of difficulty.
• If a student gives an incorrect answer, the correct explanation appears one line at a time. It is much easier to understand in this way, rather than when a whole page of explanation is presented at the same time.
• All topics, whether they be concerned with geometry, algebra, statistics, kinematics or other subject matter have problems involving work with integers, decimals and fractions. In this way the student gets endless practice with each of these number forms. Calculators may be used, but they are not of great assistance when dealing with fractions.
• The question level in each subject ranges from the very simple to the considerably challenging. Thus Mathate is suitable for all ability levels.
• Mathate can of course be used at any time, 24 hours per day. It is always available, unlike a teacher (school or private).
• One can start with any topic. It is not necessary to work through the material in a certain order (although of course the student must master the rudimentary operations of arithmetic and algebra before tacking more advanced subjects).
• Every student's answer is recorded, so the student can pause and continue studying the same material later or another day.
• Special "keyboards" appear when particular symbols are required, such as degree, exponents, square root, etc.
Please contact me by Skype (mathate10) or send an e-mail to [email protected] My telephone numbers are +44 20 3239 2922
and +44 7727 021721 (please leave a message if do not answer).
19/04/2019 5:11 am
Hong Kong Island
Central and Western